At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo's Experience Design (XD) group is hiring Principal User Researchers.
The Wells Fargo Experience Design (XD) team designs experiences that people love and confidently engage to improve their financial lives. We work closely with Technology and Product Management to ensure we are problem-driven (versus solution) and customer-first. While we have individual expertise across product design, research, content strategy and operations, we all operate as empowered leaders with strong design rationale. As a team, we care about each other yet believe in radical candor, want to have fun while we work, and are obsessed with what's most important to our 30+ million customers and incorporating their voices into every decision!
As a Principal User Researcher, the scope of your work is vast and complex, working on some of the most complicated spaces our team focuses. You are able to influence key leaders across disciplines and are seen as an expert across the organization.
Responsibilities will include
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that Wells Fargo ships delightful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Frame problems and identify the right research questions to answer
- Identify research approach, balancing rigor and inspiration appropriately
- Craft research plans that account for timelines, addresses key questions, and ensures that your research has impact
- Execute research, leveraging a broad toolkit for both generative and evaluative research, such as ethnographic research, card sorting, diary studies, writing and analyzing surveys, usability testing, and ux metrics
- Generate insights that get beyond the obvious, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data, such that teams understand customer behavior, motivations and emotions
- Integrate insights with design and business strategy to create experiences that positively impact customer lives.
- Communicate insights compellingly to ensure insights turn into
- Ensure that your research has a measurable impact, influencing product direction, strategy and design decisions
- Understand and communicate impact of insights on the future, articulating visions of future-state for various topic areas
- Partner with various disciplines within a product team (product management, engineering, product design, content strategy, data science, and other researchers)
- Contribute to the broader research and experience design team to further strengthen the community
Location Position will need to sit in the Charlotte, NC or San Francisco, CA area.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Vendor management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in Human Computer Interaction, user research, design or a related field
- 6+ years working in a product team, shipping products
- Mobile and web experience
- Expertise in combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Expertise in setting customer-backed visions and inspiring others to get behind them
- Knowledgeable and have a deep understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, problem framing, interaction design, and content strategy
- Master's Degree or PhD in human behavior related field (Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- Deep expertise in both generative and evaluative research methods
- Proven ability to deliver products and/or services that are known for delightful experiences and ease of use
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods